- Colorectal cancer is the second leading cause of cancer deaths for both men and women in Utah.
- There are no early warning signs of the disease.
- Ninety percent of new cases of colon cancer are found in people aged 50 or older.
- Recommended screening is the most effective way to prevent colon cancer. Adults should be screened for colon cancer beginning at age 50.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends the following colon cancer screening tests:
A forum for advancing women’s health in Utah.
Spotlight on Women's Health
Collaborating for Healthier Utah Women
Promote optimal health for all Utah women through collaborative planning, community action, and policy/systems change.
- Coordinate activities and engage in collaborative efforts to achieve our mission.
- Facilitate the development and sharing of programs, materials and information about the health of Utah women.
- Engage in strategic activities with community partners to promote optimal health for all Utah women.