- An estimated 135,000 (6.9%) of Utah adults have been diagnosed with diabetes.
- Diabetes can be a serious and costly disease.
- Diabetes is a leading cause of kidney disease, lower-extremity amputation, and blindness
- Diabetes increases the risk of heart attacks and strokes
- With appropriate management and good blood sugar control (generally an A1C of less than 7%), the risk of complications can be reduced.
- Men generally have higher rates of diabetes than women
- Rates for women are ...
A forum for advancing women’s health in Utah.
Spotlight on Women's Health
Collaborating for Healthier Utah Women
Promote optimal health for all Utah women through collaborative planning, community action, and policy/systems change.
- Coordinate activities and engage in collaborative efforts to achieve our mission.
- Facilitate the development and sharing of programs, materials and information about the health of Utah women.
- Engage in strategic activities with community partners to promote optimal health for all Utah women.